Sunday, August 16, 2009

Everything Seems So Much Better Next Door...


I was out walking my dog today and the house next door was having a dinner party. The dining room window faces the side of the house my apartment is on. It looked like such a wonderful party. It was elegant and sophisticated...things I'm not and, as such, could probably not recreate if I tried. The house next door is this very old house that looks a bit like the Haunted Mansion at Disney World. They've got this fantastic wooden playset for the kids in the backyard with these white lights strung up on it that they turn on occasionally at night. It looks magical with the lights on. The windows all over the house are HUGE and the ceilings are very high. This is the first time I've seen this kind of a dinner party over there. It was around 8:30pm and there were silver candlesticks all around the room and on the table and all of the candles were lit. The room was glowing and everyone around the table seemed to be glowing as well. It looked like the family (the couple and their two children) and an older couple...maybe grandparents? It seemed perfect in every imaginable way and all I wanted was to be in there and be a part of it.




No comments: